Wednesday 9 September 2015

Arnav's Plight ~ 1: Introducing Insecurtities

© Lucky
[Cover Credit: +Sravya Luckyrshi] 

Chapter-1

(Introducing Insecurities)


I tried giving her many hand signs, praying for all the gods, yes you heard right...THE GODS, to let her understand my wish. I don't want them in house. My instincts jumping on me to stop her from doing any folly she would later on regret doing.
                           
I never want Khushi to repent anything she does. I don't like taking decisions in the nick of time, in a hurry, without a thought. That will create a mess later. And I don't want Khushi to be a part of any mess she herself created.

But, pray tell me, why will she listen to my words? Now if I do think back, when did she ever listen to my words, lest warnings? I actually loves it when she backfires my words. But not now...

'I like the way you are Khushi!'

My words, back on the day, when we went to the date on her insistence hit me with a pang making me guilty. How ironic, now I want her to listen to me when the same me had been saying, indirectly, that I like her standing against me? But I felt that I had a reasonable reason to stop her from doing what she is about to, now.

"Arnav-ji, kuch boliye na?" Khushi's constant nudge brought me back to this world. I understood that she's asking me to tell Sheetal to come to our house. But how can I?

"Yeah, Khushi's right." I conceded still unable to do anything. I trust my gut at the same time I cannot upset Khushi. I know how much mehman nawazi is important for her. And also it isn't like I can say on her face to not come to our house. What will I say the reason for? As much as everyone finds it difficult to believe, I too have some manners left in me.

"Okay." I heard Sheetal agree feeding more to my suspicions, still a question on which suspicions. I am unable to point out the wrong in this. At the same time I so don't feel any good intention from her side.

"Mamma, who's this uncle?" I heard the kid beside her ask, turning everyone's attention to him. And yes, the boy too. What is going wrong in here? I felt the curiosity and twinkle in his eyes unnerve me. Strange on how, but the kid is....different!

"He's my good friend from college, Aarav. His name is Arnav." Sheetal introduced with a smile throwing a wary glance my side. What's the additional adjective before 'friend'? Good? When have I been a good friend to anyone? Heck, I didn't even had a friend. And I never remembered being good to Sheetal. Back those days, even then, she used to give me bad jitters. I definitely did keep away from her except for a project on which we were partnered together. Bad days not to be remembered.

And Arnav? The sound is so foreign to me. No one calls me Arnav. Absolutely no one. And I've warned Sheetal to call me ASR not Arnav when she tried then. Arnav? Sheesh! Nobody except my wife can call me with my first name. And alas! My wife doesn't do. I've to work on that. Maybe tonight I ca...

"Arnav-ji, where are you lost?" Khushi's nudge and hiss is what brought me back again. Khushi's rubbing on me, I guess. I'm zoning out more.

"Hi," I waved at the kid who stood before me waiting for my greeting. Well, midget, you aren't getting more than a 'Hi' from me. But he waved back in excitement. My frown deepened. Kids like me too?

I threw back a glare at my wife silently showing her my displeasure with her not listening to my words. But as like my Khushi is, she threw it away with a dazzling smile so infectious I couldn't help but crack my lips at that. She's something!

"And this is my wife, Khushi." I introduced her to the kid. It wasn't any planned. By instinct I pulled her close to me coiling my hand around her slim petite waist clad in her blue anarkali suit.

Sheetal looked down as if uncomfortable and also I spared a glance the kid to see his eyes burning. He's angry on me? Following his gaze I spotted my wife in my arms who now is best red. I smiled and then frowned. Why is the kid glaring at Khushi.

Shuffling a little I pulled her out of his gaze bidding bye to Sheetal and him. Wow ASR, you're wary of a kid? My mind mocked but I shut it down immediately. The happenings are not looking favourable.

~

"Khushi, why don't you listen to me for once?" I asked her as I pulled her towards me. Away from Sheetal, away from that kid, we are now safe in home, in our room.

"Arey, sun toh rahi hu na? Boliye, kya hain?" She smiled like a delighted kid. Urgh! Was that meant to be a joke? That's sick...

"You very well know what I'm talking about Khushi." I gritted my teeth in annoyance. Arnav Singh Raizada is currently unavailable for humour, please try again later. Was that laughable? My bad, I can't joke.

"Arnav-ji, leave me. I've to help Jiji and HP-ji in making lunch."

Yes, that is.

"First answer me then I'll leave you." I bargained. I'm a businessman. Deal toh banta hain boss.

"What is there to answer, Arnav-ji. She's you're friend. New to India. And also she has a kid. They don't have a proper to place to stay, Arnav-ji. It's only reasonable to offer them courtesy." She explained. Damn! She has a point. But still I'm not convinced.

Before I could open my mouth and say the same, Khushi ran away from my arms using the momentary zoning of mine to her advantage. There goes my chance at giving a lecture again.

~

"Aman, I want the accounts on my desk to be sent to the auditor on my table today by the evening. I don’t know if he exerts, extra works or prays them to complete. I want them today that’s it.” I passed my orders just like I do to Aman.

“I’ll inform him, sir. Anything else?”

“Nothing for now,” I dismissed him with a wave frowning at my work. There’s much pending on my table, I’ve to recruit someone to assist Aman. Or else, I could create a temporary job to work aside with Aman sharing his work load? Poor lad is hard working. But now the time it’s too hard to keep up with work. Even I’m played by the stress.

As I was about to busy myself in my files, my phone that is royally seated on it’s throne, the cell phone stand, grunted alerting me a call. I followed the clock to see the time. 2:00 pm in the noon. I frowned wondering who it would be, so eager to take my wrath, at a time my family well knows that I’m unavailable? This time I’m usually busy with my work.

‘Khushi, the Chammak Challo’

Of course I should have guessed! One she has the dare to play with a probably angry lion waiting for a prey. And the caller name…remind me again why did I make her learn how to change a name in the caller book?

“Hello,” I called into the phone distracted with a million and one thoughts running through my mind. Yesterday it was ‘Jalebi Bai’ today it’s ‘Chammak Challo’. Tomorrow what will it be? ‘Dhanno?’ or ‘Jhalli Rani?’ It maybe ‘Munni’ too? Who can understand the mad rush of her brain?

“Arnav-ji, what are you doing?” she successfully pulled me out my thoughts making me perplexed.

“What the…!” the endearment left even without my control. “Khushi, I’m in office. What would I do other than work?” I asked exasperated.

“Yes, that’s right.” I heard her sheepish reply. Something is really up with her.

“Is this the reason why you called me?” I demanded the answers. As much as angry a lion can be, this lion can melt in a second hearing his wife’s loving words. Sorry for hoping much!

“No!”

“Then?”

“It’s that. Sheetal-ji is coming home today evening after she’s up with her job searching. She called home. I wanted to ask if you could come a little early today?” her hopeful softened me but the mention of other name had successfully stopped me from melting into my wife’s words agreeing to her wishes.

“Khushi,” I started in a comforting tone, just like a mother talks to a child. She has to be convinced gently. “If she’s coming home, let her. I’m not going to make amends in my work and timings because we are having guests, that too whom I outright rejected inviting, at home. Nor I did before never will do that. Okay?” my voice turned stern unknowingly.

“Okay.” I heard the petulance in her voice and sighed. Some other offer to bring her back to normal?

“What about a dinner date tonight? After the date you arranged we hadn’t went on one. What say?” I asked praying all the gods above me to make her agree and normal. Khushi and upset don’t bode well together.

“Na baba…na. We have guests at home, it would be bad on our manners to go out to enjoy when we have guests at home.” Now that I think, I guess, every god pretty much turned their faces away at my request. True, ASR and gods don’t go on the same line.

“But Khushi, there will be others right? Nani, Di…”

“Arnav-ji! You said you won’t come home soon, that’s alright. I didn’t push you. You also have to agree with something of my choice right?” she asked and I felt it only reasonable. Why does my wife have to become a diplomat justice in mere seconds?

“Okay.” I agreed with same reluctance as she sounded a while ago. Why does everyone say that we don’t match? We’re very much the attracted magnets.

“Hum rakte hain,”

“Bye.” I cut the call and sighed. So now I have to be conscious and careful in my own house? ‘Hey Devimaiyya!’

There will be an unwanted guest in MY home, the one whom I doesn’t approve off but MY wife does. I already gave into one of her choices.

Wait…

She played me. I already gave into one of her choices by accepting Sheetal to be invited to our home, and when she accepted mine, we became equal. But she played me saying I have to agree to her. There goes my romance in drain.

ASR beta, from when did you start thinking and sulking like a kid?

{~.~}

Forgive the spelling and grammatical mistakes, if you find any. And yes, you're free to point out! I'm all open for corrections. So yes, you're open to point out and show me my mistakes. :-)

Leave comments and let me know people. Follow the blog and leave your words. They mean the world!


Read,

Comment,

+1 and

Follow ;-)


Cya all soon fellas,

Lots of love,

No comments: